Friday, May 27, 2011

Flimsy Whim: Blog promo

Note: This does not refer to the usual "blog promos"...

This post was prompted by the following thread:
I forgot to highlight it, but I'm referring to TheHyphenOwner's (Hi E!) comments

Yep, I was reluctant to put a link on my Facebook page. I even hesitated on adding a "Follow via E-mail" gadget on this blog. I didn't have that much confidence - that someone will really follow my blog seemed farfetched. But when I saw the page views, whoa, some people have read (how many actually read through it, well, I wouldn't know) my posts and it felt good. :) All I ever wanted was just an avenue (I could not naman talk to my hubby about kikay stuff all the time), somewhere where I can talk (er, write) about anything, mostly about vanity (never had a sister, nor a daughter to do this with). To share this with kindred souls, that's the icing to my (blog) cake;to have someone follow me, that's another story. I am relatively new in the blogging community, although I used to write randomly in another networking site, so I'm not quite sure how to go about promoting my stuff (should I even?)
Anyway, I may have to give it some time. Who knows, the "Followers" gadget will be put up next ;)

Update:
I gave in --- I've added the "Followers" gadget but I changed it to "Kindred Spirits" which I felt is more apt, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment